Posts tagged weight loss help
Success comes when you desire health more than you desire that donut.
So your 3 months into your workout program and things start to get a bit repetitive. I’m not talking about the exercises or workouts but the numbers. You started off strong; crushin it in the gym, not missing a single day and eating cleaner then you ever have before. So why are things starting to slow down? Why am I not seeing the same results. This is the perfect time to hang it up right? Once again you’re back in the same slump as last year right?
No, follow me.
What I want you to do is sit down and really think about the past 3 months. Think about the changes
you have made and the results you have seen from these changes. Now, look through this list and see if you can apply this to your own program.
There are tons of different things to look at when things start to slow down. These are some of the most uncommon things that you would be surprised that people over look.
- Re-evaluate what you are doing NOW to get where you want to be: Months into a program you may get so used to the results your seeing that you forget your original goal. When you lose sight of this goal you begin to start dropping the ball in other areas of your program. You tend to lose the drive to keep pushing and keep things fresh so that your body does not get comfortable.
- What habits have you let back in: The cravings may not ever go away. I don’t let any of my clients think they will ever crave another ounce of bad food again. You have to keep your guard up. Just because you have been sweet free for the past 2 months does not mean your in the clear. Write down what your doing now and compare it to what you were doing when you first started. 9 times out of 10 there are more sweets, carbs or overal calories since the day you started. You got soft. Now it’s time to buckle down and get back to the basics.
- Intermediate fasting: This will always be an uncommon thing because it doesn’t matter how much I talk about it, not many people will actually do it. Who wants to starve themselves for more then a few hours? This stuff works though!! It gives your body a chance to kick back and breath from all the stuff you have been eating. Our digestive system is working overtime with the food that most people are eating these days. Even the people who eat pretty clean. The food you eat is not perfect therfore your body is still dealing with garbage that it could do with out. Cleanse it with this.
- Don’t get cocky: So your a couple months deep in your program and you had to go out and buy all new clothes to fit the new you (good and bad thing I guess). Now you can start to kick back a little more, skip the gym here and there and polish off that bag of candy you still have laying around. Don’t be that person. Be excited that your hard work and commitment is paying off but don’t lose sight of what your doing. Watch what you let seep back into your life!
- Don’t out-eat your workouts: Stop looking at eating “bad food” as a reward for your hard work. Remember the goal is to make a LIFESTYLE change not stop at a certain point. I am not saying that you will never eat anything bad for the rest of your life just better choices. If you are tough enough to hire a REAL PERSONAL TRAINER that focuses on intensity and strength in one workout than odds are you do work during that time. This is not a free pass to eat whatever you want. Use the advantage of that high energy workout and fill your belly with the good stuff!
I’m tired of sitting now, PEACE!
P.S If you have not friended Beyond Gym Walls on facebook..well i don’t know what to tell ya